Effective October 25, 2023
The purpose of this Policy is to ensure that all private information collected from individuals by the Pipeline Association for Public Awareness (Association) is securely managed and adequately protected to safeguard the rights of the individuals providing the information.
CONSENT FROM INDIVIDUALS
By using the Association websites and other applications, individuals providing private information consent to the data practices described in this Policy.
COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
To provide their safety programs, the Association may collect personally identifiable information, such as:
- First and Last Name
- Mailing Address
- E-mail Address
- Phone Number
- Employer or Company Name
- Job Title
Please keep in mind that if you directly disclose personally identifiable information or personally sensitive data through Pipeline Association for Public Awareness's public platforms, this information may be collected and used by others.
The Pipeline Association for Public Awareness does not collect any personal information about you unless you voluntarily provide it. However, you may be required to provide certain personal information when you elect to participate in the safety programs or use some of the web applications. These may include: (a) registering for a membership or other account; (b) entering a contest; (c) requesting access to various web applications; (d) sending an email message; (e) submitting your payment information when paying applicable dues and fees. Your information will be used for, but not limited to, communicating with you in relation to the Association programs that you are participating in.
The Association may contact you to gather additional personal or non-personal information in the future.
USE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
The Association collects and uses your personal information to operate and deliver the safety programs members have requested.
The Association may use your personally identifiable information to inform you of other safety programs that are available from the Association or its Sustaining Member Organizations.
SHARING INFORMATION WITH THIRD PARTIES
Pipeline Association for Public Awareness does not sell, rent, or lease its lists of data and information to third parties.
The Association may share data with trusted partners and contractors to help perform statistical analysis, send you email or postal mail, provide customer support, or arrange for deliveries. All such third parties are prohibited from using your personal information except to provide these services to the Association and are required to maintain the confidentiality of your information.
The Association may disclose your personal information, without notice, if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on the Association or the sites; (b) protect and defend the rights or property of the Association; and/or (c) act under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of other users or the public.
AUTOMATICALLY COLLECTED INFORMATION
Information about your computer hardware and software may be automatically collected by the Association. This information can include: your IP address, browser type, domain names, access times and referring website addresses. This information is used for the operation of the service, to maintain quality of the service, and to provide general statistics regarding use of the websites.
SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
The Association secures your personal information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) protocol. When personal information is transmitted to other websites, it is protected with encryption, such as the Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) protocol.
The Association strives to take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or alteration of your personal information. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or any wireless network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, you acknowledge that: (a) there are security and privacy limitations inherent to the Internet which are beyond our control; and (b) security, integrity, and privacy of all information and data exchanged between you and us through this Site cannot be guaranteed.
RIGHT TO DELETION OF INFORMATION
Subject to certain exceptions set out below, on receipt of a verifiable request from you, we will:
- Delete your personal information from our records; and
- Direct any service providers to delete your personal information from their records.
Please note that we may not be able to comply with requests to delete your personal information if it is necessary to:
- Complete the transaction for which the personal information was collected, fulfill the terms of a written agreement to provide a service requested by you, or reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform a contract between you and the Association;
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity; or prosecute those responsible for that activity;
- Debug to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality;
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise his or her right of free speech, or exercise another right provided for by law;
- Comply with applicable State Requirements, such as the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act;
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when our deletion of the information is likely to render impossible or seriously impair the achievement of such research, provided we have obtained your informed consent;
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with your expectations based on your relationship with us;
- Comply with an existing legal obligation; or
- Otherwise use your personal information, internally, in a lawful manner that is compatible with the context in which you provided the information.
CHILDREN UNDER THIRTEEN
The Association does not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of thirteen. If you are under the age of thirteen, you must ask your parents or guardian for permission to use this website.
From time to time, the Association may contact you via email for the purpose of providing announcements, alerts, confirmations, surveys, and/or other general communication. If you would like to stop receiving communications via email, you may opt out of such communications by replying "STOP" or clicking on the "UNSUBSCRIBE" link.
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
Pipeline Association for Public Awareness
8601 W Cross Dr PMB 302 Unit F5
Littleton, CO 80123
Telephone: (720) 909-8944